Food suited for grasshoppers

Food suited for grasshoppers

This is my second post that I have created,I made this blog myself because I wanted to show my intelligence.

Now,onto the blog the picture on the right is a full grown grasshopper in the wild,these types are smaller while others
are much larger than this on the right some are even as big as 5-10 cm full grown grasshoppers to fly and glide on the ground.

there are many species of grasshoppers worldwide,I have this picture that is different than this green one on the right.I'm not so sure about about this type of grasshoppers but what I know is that it is a nymph grasshopper and its colourful right......

The fact of why grasshoppers are so interesting is that they eat any type of vegetation but if you are keeping a grasshopper they will need a proper diet of the right type of food.


  1. carrots

    grasshoppers love these and will devour them you can also feed them cooked carrots they are high in beta carotene a good source of water and rich in vitamins.
  2. cabbage leaves












Feed grasshoppers slices of cabbage then your grasshopper will eat them up ,cabbages are high in vitamin K,vitamin C and vitamin B6.




  • grass
It is so simple,just go to your backyard and pick out some grass,actually, you can find grass anywhere.If it was me,I will pick out the grass with the roots and plant it in my terrarium where my grasshopper lives.

  • bananas
Take one banana and cut 1 quarter of the banana and feed it to your grasshopper that bit can fill your grasshopper because they take it as a really big portion for them.

  • leaf
Simply sprinkle water on the leaf but not too much (it will cause mold to grow)and place it in the terrarium,instead of using soil for bedding you can use dried crumbled leaves as bedding(not when your grasshopper mated and ready to lay eggs).


Now these are extra info about grasshoppers,only some grasshoppers have the ability to make sounds here is a video about how grasshoppers make their soothing nice sounds.

and another video about a grasshopper's personal behavior.

i hope you will find this very useful.









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A grasshopper's anatomy

Observing a caterpillar

crickets