Observing a caterpillar

When we went home from a shopping complex, we drove home in the afternoon, then I found a caterpillar on the wall of my neighbor's wall, unfortunately I did not take a picture of the caterpillar and the evidence but I did recall what did it looked like.

The caterpillar looked something like this...

Now caterpillars are very rare to find now, this caterpillar was the third caterpillar I have seen in my life, but I remembered this has spots behind it.

And the caterpillar was found in front of this apartment's front wall at the dark green side.

You should look at this picture if you don't understand or not sure.

Then my father saw me looking at the caterpillar and came to fiddle it, then it gave an idea to make this post.

When my father fiddled it, there was something that came out of it, something red and looked like feelers, readers I believe its a feeler or something used in defense, do comment or give an idea what that is.

Then my father said that they were actually feelers, but I doubted his words and said that it is something that is used for defense.

Then my father went up the stairs to go home while I continued observing that caterpillar, I have big interest in bugs so while I observe, I research and understand to.

After sometime, I decided to do some testing to the caterpillar, first I took a leaf that looked like this...

Then, I gently took the caterpillar to the ground, by ground I mean a batch of grass.

After that, I dropped it by accident but amazingly, it is still alive, this is because some caterpillars die after such a short drop, meaning they are very fragile.

I touched it with the leaf and picked it up then, some kind of juice or toxin came out of it, I believe it is a toxin of some sort according to my thoughts and thinking do give me ideas of that is.

The juice or toxin that came out of it looked like this..

Looks like it is puking right. Well still it is something that it could use for defense, same goes to the caterpillar i observed before.

Bonus facts about the caterpillar,

Caterpillars, some are giant, some are toxic, some are hairy, caterpillars come in many sizes (but not so big) and many appearances, some caterpillars belong to butterflies, some to moths but, butterfly caterpillars and moth caterpillars are not 100% similar to each other why, this is because moth caterpillars pupate underground while butterfly caterpillars pupate above.

Caterpillars only eat the leaves of plants they are born on (same goes to the moth caterpillar.)

Some caterpillars are very fragile, by that I mean when they fall they will just die even a short drop or a slight injury they will still die.

Butterflies and moths lay up to 200 eggs but, almost every egg gets eaten by unwanted guest or predators and butterflies and moths die after laying eggs.

There are many caterpillars that turn into moths and particular butterflies that are beautiful and sometimes just ugly, caterpillars have many types of way of defending themselves to from caterpillar pus to poisonous thorns well, looks like they are not the the most fragile species at all.

Some caterpillars have very poisonous thorns that causes inflammation, haemorrehage, and sometimes makes your skin itch to.

That`s all i can say now, do read it and comment to, i am willing to hear your feedback. There shall be more post in the future to.



















































































































































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A grasshopper's anatomy

crickets